All grist to the mill

Just all case scenarios

For HSCIC.  Transfer of  Care scenarios     will feed into mix

Pass" buck/bomb"

Mark

On 22 Apr 2016 21:24, "Mary Hawking" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

What happens when things go wrong?

With a fax, someone had to take it out of the machine & look at it

If it was labelled “urgent” – or a member of staff thought it should have been – human intervention ment that it would be passed to a suitable individual to be processed.

If there is an “urgent fax” email, dealing with it will depend on:-

  1. some human intervention to establish that it is in fact urgent – and to forward it to an appropriate person to deal with it and
  2. some algorithm to identify that this is an urgent email (as opposed to something routine which can wait for a partner to return from leave)
  3. ability of the sender to reliably provide an agreed trigger to activate the alogorithm

Is this scenario (delighted if I’ve got it wrong) correct?

& if it is, what do you do & should there be some nation wide best practice guidance?

Mary Hawking
Committee member BCS PHCSG
UKCHIP level 3
Retired from NHS on 31.3.13 because of the Health and Social Care Act 2012
"thinking - independent thinking - is to humans as swimming is to cats: we can do it if we really have to."  Mark Earles on Radio 4

14.00 - 14.45 From Read to SNOMED. A profitable journey

http://ukehealthweek.com/bcsday2.asp