Hi Shruti,

As there is one *_Z.nii.gz file per subject (with all ICs for that subject), you may find it easier to use fslstats. The option -M gives the output across the whole brain, the -k allows supplying a mask, and -t allows one measurement per timepoint (i.e., per IC) from the *_Z.nii.gz files. If you use a mask that is specific for a given IC, consider disassembling these _Z files (with fslsplit), then running fslstats on each separately (or merging across subjects with fslmerge, then using fslmeants).

You'll certainly need to script this, e.g., with bash.

All the best,

Anderson