Dear all

***Apologies for any cross-posting ****

You might be interested to learn that we've now announced our list of workshops for our National Conference this summer:

WHEN: Friday 8 to Saturday 9 July 2016
WHERE: University of Nottingham  - University Park Campus
DELEGATE PASSES: Start from £39

Find out more on our website: http://natecla.org.uk/content/632/Choose-workshops-National-Conference-2016

Session A: Friday 8 July, 14:00 - 15:30

  *   Mindfulness and the ESOL student (and teacher), Rachael Roberts
  *   Exploring the Use of Narrative Storytelling and Personal Anecdotes in Language and Literacy skills development, Sarah Telfer
  *   Enhancing learning through technology, Diana Tremayne
  *   "You must practice your English!" Creating conditions for students to practice their language outside of class, Nafisah Graham-Brown and Yvonne Bizayi
  *   Offender Learning, The Bell Foundation

Session B: Saturday, 10:45 - 12:15

  *   Performing memorization in class, Hugh Dellar
  *   Bridging the Gap Between ESOL and Functional Skills,    Katy Bagust-Jones and Tammela Platt
  *   Fertile conversations: making the most of classroom talk. Richard Gallen
  *   Combining ESOL and Vocational Learning, Ruth Perry
  *   Designing materials for niche ESOL contexts, Ros Wright
  *   Are two heads better than one? (What am I learning from team-teaching?), Anastasia Novoselova
  *   Cambridge English Workshop - TBC
  *   Working with authentic listening materials, Ian Badger

Session C: Saturday, 13:15 - 14:45

  *   Teaching spelling in pre/entry level classes, Christine Tudor Jones
  *   Images and critical thinking, Jamie Keddie
  *   Beyond the classroom: Englishing in a super-diverse community, Katherine Swinney
  *   Esol 'Appy, Viorica Lucuta and Jhon Benavides Navarro
  *   Dogme approach for ESOL adults, Laura Iacsa and Vidjea Gaikwad
  *   Draft ESOL Strategy - have your say, Jenny Roden, Alex Stevenson
  *   Bringing the Outside In, Sam Shepherd

Session D: Saturday, 16:15 - 17:45

  *   Using participatory photography in ESOL & Literacy classes, Pauline Moon
  *   ESOL Voices Online: Engaging in online CPD, Cathy Clarkson
  *   Making projects work for teenage ESOL learners, Phil Bird
  *   Making them British-ESOL teachers' perspective, Sundus Ameer
  *   Designing digital resources and online tasks - where do I start?, Kathryn Aldridge-Morris
  *   Memory strategies for language learners, Anne Margaret Smith
  *   First Language Interference: who, what, when and how can we help overcome it?, Jenny Stacey
  *   Teaching the whole person, Jack Scholes
Book online for the conference via our website: http://natecla.org.uk/content/621/National-Conference-2016
We hope to see many of your there!

All the best
Laura

Laura Plotnek-Jones
National Coordinator

[http://www.natecla.org.uk/images/logo.png]<http://www.natecla.org.uk/>

[http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/follow_me-a.png]<https://twitter.com/NATECLA>

Email:     [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Address: NATECLA National Centre, South & City College Birmingham, Hall Green Campus, Cole Bank Road, Birmingham, B28 8ES United Kingdom
Tel:          07875 683254 (NATECLA National Centre)
                07443 601298 (My direct mobile number)
Website:  www.natecla.org.uk<http://www.natecla.org.uk/>
Charity registration number: 1154124

[http://groups.google.com/intl/en/images/logos/groups_logo_sm.gif]<https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/natecla-esol-forum>

ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds.
To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html
To contact the list owner, send an email to