Dear all

I am sending this message (below) on behalf of my PhD student Olena Gundarina. Olena is hoping to recruit a Russian-speaking pupil in a London or a Leeds primary school onto the pilot phase of her resarch project. Details below. Please contact Olena directly if you can help.

Kind regards

James

Dr James Simpson

Senior Lecturer (Language Education)

School of Education

University of Leeds

Leeds LS2 9JT

T: +44 (0)113 343 4687

E: [log in to unmask]

W: www.education.leeds.ac.uk/people/staff/academic/simpson

Dear everyone,

I am a PhD researcher from The University of Leeds investigating experiences of Russian-speaking pupils in UK primary schools. The aim of my research is to explore how new (recently arrived) and relatively new (arrived 3-5 years ago) Russian-speaking pupils (7-11 years old) respond to the new foreign language environment of UK state primary schools. I will use interviews and observations in my study. My research is funded by the University of Leeds.

I am writing to ask if anyone has contacts of Russian-speaking pupils/parents or primary schools with Russian-speakers in London and/or Leeds, or could put me in touch with someone who is familiar with this information?

For further information about my research, please see:

http://www.russianspeakingchildresearch.co.uk/

Many thanks,

Olena

Olena Gundarina

University of Leeds

School of Education

Woodhouse Lane

Leeds LS2 9JT

e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Supervised by:

Dr James Simpson

University of Leeds

School of Education

Woodhouse Lane

Leeds LS2 9JT

Dr Louise Harvey

*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]