Advert for consultant for CBM on Inclusive Employment Practices

CBM’s mission as an international organisation is to work towards an inclusive world in which people with disabilities enjoy their human rights and achieve their potential. In order to realise this CBM staff and partners place a strong emphasis on advocacy and capacity development to promote disability inclusion and human rights. As an organisation committed to learning, CBM is continually on a journey to improve our practice of disability-inclusive development. Over the 100 years of our existence, the skills and expertise of our organisation, as well as those of our partner alliances, have been developed. In addition to our work on DID, CBM also strives to be an employer that is inclusive of persons with disabilities.

We are currently looking for a consultant to assess CBM’s current practice in inclusive recruitment and employment practices against international and regional obligations (such as the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, EU Directives) on inclusion in the workplace and to provide guidance on how to align CBM’s worldwide HR practice, recruitment standards and other HR processes in line with the CRPD and standard accepted good practice employment practice.

The consultancy contract is for a maximum of 25 days and can be home-based.

Required Expert Profile

Proven expertise in field of inclusion/diversity in the workplace, in particular as this applies for women and men with disabilities (min 5 years of working experience);

Strong knowledge of European employment law;

Practical experience in strategic and global operational HR management;

Excellent analytical skills with a proven ability to prepare well-written HR standards

Strong communication skills;

Proficiency in English language

Consultants with the required profile and proven experience are requested to:

Send a proposal that includes a suggested methodology, availability and work plan to carry out the consultancy along with CVs, copies of diplomas/relevant qualifications

three professional referees and financial offer incl. consultancy rates.

Information to be sent to [log in to unmask] by 30th April, 2016.

The selected consultant will adhere to CBM’s values and commit to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Child Safeguarding Policy.

We endeavour to provide a fair and equal opportunity for all persons applying for work within CBM based on their qualifications and skills.

CBM International Office

Email: [log in to unmask]

Skype: mairy_keogh

Visit our website at: http://www.cbm.org