I am currently doing an online survey to evaluate the digital preservation requirements of the National Geoscience Data Centre (NGDC), which is hosted by the British Geological Survey (BGS) and is part of the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC). This survey forms a part of my MSc dissertation in Information and Records Management at Northumbria University. It will also contribute towards an internal BGS report making recommendations for further research/ actions to strengthen the digital preservation capability of the NGDC, to enhance the longevity of the UK national geoscience data archive.

If you or your organisation have used BGS/ NGDC digital earth science data, I would be glad to hear from you. Please contact me directly for a participant information sheet or to participate in the survey. Your contribution would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jaana

Jaana Pinnick
Data and Electronic Records Manager