Last week's terrible earthquakes in Japan and Equador, shows that we all need to think out of the box to find solutions to difficult research areas like Earthquake prediction. Current and future students will be the ones who will find solutions for seemingly difficult research areas like Earthquake prediction. Last year's NASA Europa Challenge http://eurochallenge.como.polimi.it  was won by some high school students from Alaska who developed an amazing prototype of Global Earthquake Forecasting system. This shows if given the opportunity students can achieve amazing potential and be part of helping solve global challenges.

Details and video at http://www.edlinesites.net/pages/America_Bridge_Project/Europa_Challenge

This year ,we at the University of Nottingham  are supporting two excellent Challenges (ESNC University Challenge and NASA Europa Challenge) that will inspire students and staff to expand their ideas. Please come and participate in this free information event that will introduce these two challenges. Both these challenges are excellent opportunities for students and researchers to participate. Learn more about these competitions and join whichever competition that interests you.

Note that these are two seperate competitions that are run by two different organisations.

Event registration details at http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/grace/events/eventsarticles/esnc-and-europa-challenge-2016.aspx

Students and staff from the University of Nottingham and other institutions are welcome.

Best wishes,

Suchith