Hi Rado,
You could fake an old run by putting 2 unfil.mrc maps (one for each
half) in the output directory with the same name as you would get from
the shiny half-recconstructions. Also, you would have to rename your
particles as they would be called in the shiny.star file. Things would
be easier from the movie-refinement, but see the betagal tutorial data
for examples of how files are called if you want to avoid that. Then you
could continue the old run (i.e. do NOT provide --dont_read_old_files),
and use the beamtilt refinement options. There is only 1 beamtilt for
the entire data set. If you think you have different tilts for different
subsets of the data: divide that shiny.star file in multiple subsets and
run the program on them separately. The only thing you have to see
whether beamtilt improves the reconstruction is the gold-standard FSC.
Optimising on it is a little bit dangerous, but only 2 parameters for a
data set shouldn't hurt.
HTH,
Sjors

--