Dear Stefan,

maybe column G requires both F+ and F- to be on the same hkl - if I remember
correctly, mtz-format has some space saving peculiarities.

I would use mtz2sca, concatenate them (deleting the second header) and use
scalepack2mtz to convert them back to mtz. This would not work for unmerged
data, though.

Cheers,
Tim

On Thursday, April 07, 2016 05:10:46 AM Stefan Gajewski wrote:
> I have a SAD dataset with F(+) and (F-) and the corresponding sigmas split
> into two files which gives me two .mtz files with F type columns, labeled
> F_plus and F_min .  For clarity, the F(+) and F(-) came from the same
> frames and were integrated and scaled together and then split and treated
> independently  the same way.
>
> When merging both F/Q columns back together in one data set using cad and
> requesting to write the data as type G/L columns to restore them as F(+)
> and F(-) for phasing I get and error because I am messing with the Friedel
> pairs and cad won't let me do that, but that is exactly what I intend to
> do.
>
> Is there a way of using cad / sftools /other to do that in .mtz format or do
> I need to go back to ASCII(?) format to do that?
Paul Scherrer Institut
Dr. Tim Gruene
- persoenlich -
OFLC/102