Hi Jim,
Agree, I have seen quite frequently Rs in this range for medium resolution structure, and they did not feel overrefined, whatever the definition is.

Here a very pragmatic approach: Share the pdb and mtz with the referee and editor and ask them for feedback to make the structure acceptable in their opinion. Maybe they agree that you simply have a very good fit to the data.

Cheers,
Jan
--
Jan Abendroth