Twinning is complicated as you have noticed!

In an ideal world all those indicators would agree BUT the world is not ideal.. Here are some caveats.

1) Tests based on intensity distributions: Ltest, 2nd moments, Htest etc , all reported in the data processing pipeline, mostly be ctruncate
  These are pretty reliable providing the data is OK, but features like ice rings can distort the prediction, and there is an assumption that the data is not too anisotropic. Ctruncate tries to filter  out problems, but be aware of them.
I check the plots - wilson plot, 2nd moment plot, etc - bad features often show up in them .
By the way - it isn't the overall L value I look at - it is the shape of the curve..

 But the non-crystallographic symmetry can cause distortions, spec. non-cryst. translations. The L-test is less affected than the others, and PHASER includes some clever analysis to mitigate these features

2) I believe that the checks during refinement are the most accurate - at the end of refinement refinement programs will give you the refined twin fractions..

However the good news - partial twinning does not seem to prevent solutions by mol. replacement, and James Holden has show detained data can solve expel phasing too.

Eleanor