To follow up on other excellent suggestions, here is the link also to the LMB EM-course: 10 lectures with their subject headings in the filename if you want to watch particular lectures alone
ftp://ftp.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/pub/scheres/EM-course/
I also found, going through the software program tutorials, for instance, for the b-galactosidase, is a good starting point. Relion or EMAN2 software packages are also user-friendly to get started.
--
Best Regards,
Karthik