To debug the detwin run, view the log file and see what error msg there is.

But…detwinning is far from perfect, and might make your MR work even worse than it does now. I would strongly suggest pounding on the MR much more before trying detwinning. MR works quite well in the presence of twinning if you get the right model and search parameters. Further, your twin fraction is not really that bad.

JPK

From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Alex Lee
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 8:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ccp4bb] CCP4 Detwin mtz output failed to be generated

Dear CCP4bb members,

I have a dataset (2.5 A, 8kDa protein, SG P31) which has been detected by Truncate and Xtriage to be partially twinned (the twin fraction is around 0.2 to 0.3). Use the twinned data I tried MR but failed, so I'd like to try first detwin the data by CCP4 "Detwin" and then use the output detwinned mtz to do MR.

I put my mtz data from Truncate to Detwin as input, select generate detwinned data, name the "mtz out", and click run. The job finished within a second, however, when I click "view files from the job", I could only see the input mtz under "input files", no mtz under "output files". I also tried to look for the output mtz in the path I set but I could not find it neither.  I expect an output mtz generated by the program in this case.  I do not know if there is anything wrong on my side or it's a bug causing this issue?

My CCP4 version is 7.0.009 in Linux.

I wonder if anyone also experienced this problem?

Thanks.