As luck would have it, I have put together a "challenge" data set series here:
http://smb.slac.stanford.edu/~holton/challenge/twin/

Currently, the top contender is SHELXD, which can find all 12 sites using data with a twin fraction of 0.44.  Phasing, however, still fails at this twin fraction.  Nobody has been able to solve this structure using data with alpha=0.30 or higher.  But, if you "cheat" and know the right answer, then all 12 sites are clearly resolved up to a 50:50 twin.  So, theoretically, there is no reason why you couldn't write a program to do this, but to the best of my knowledge nobody has.

Any takers?

-James Holton
MAD Scientist