Hi Jiri,

Open both pdb files in Coot.
Calculate -> SSM superpose (or LSQ, depending on what works in your case to position the peptide correctly)
Extensions -> Modelling -> Copy Fragment
Calculate -> Merge Molecules
File -> Save Coordinates
Done.

I don't know why your way didn't work ("does not work" is not enough information), maybe chain/residue ID conflict or you messed up the file format, but using Coot is a lot easier anyway.

HTH,

Julia