Hi Nicola,

I would suggest that you keep increasing the concentration of the peptide
as long as it results in crystals appearing in your drop. If your peptide
has low affinity for the protein, it may take a lot of it to see it in the
crystal structure. Try 10, 20, 50, 100 fold higher concentration of the
peptide. Also, shoot your 1:5 ratio crystals, it may already be there. In
some cases, if the crystals have large enough solvent channels, the
morphology of the crystals may not change significantly upon binding of the
peptide.
Congratulations on having a fast crystallizing protein at hand. That makes
it much easier to try new things and test your hypothesis at a faster pace.
Also, you can try variation in length of your peptide, if increasing the
peptide concentration doesn't give you the complex. May be, addition or
deletion of a residue or two will result in better binding and you will
have your complex.

with best wishes,
Gyan

--