Hi All,

I my case, I need to copy fragment of a peptide, reverse the direction, set
both peptides (original and reversed peptides) occupancy 0.5 and then I
want to merge both peptides (into the original peptide), Coot won't allow
me to do this and always change the peptide residue number in the copied
fragment, I understand Coot won't allow merging two fragments with the same
chain id and residue number with 1 occupancy without automatically
renumbering residue, but in my case I think for the same chain id and
residue number with half occupancy, it should be ok for Coot to merge
without changing residue numbers. I do not know if it's right to put two
merged half occupancy peptides (same sequence but reversed direction) with
different chain id (Coot can merge it without problem) in the same area
(density blob)  as model (is this going to be a problem in refinement
because Refmac will confused how two fragments are in the same blob?), I
assume that every half occupancy fragment must have a partner with the same
chain id and residue number that make the sum up to 1 occupancy (0.5+0.5=1)
in any model.

I'd appreciate any input on this.