Hello Dr Powell and Dom

Thanks for your prompt feedbacks.

Yes indeed the cell edges are the same. (The difference simply arose during
copy-and-paste.) And in fact mosflm consistently returns the conventional
cell preferentially.

But is there a reason why people would choose to use the acute angles for
calculations?

*PS - in my case, my lab-mate and I were simply trying to explore the
different settings of mosflm out of curiosity. So we are indeed sorry if we
have asked something dump here...*

Sam