Hi all,

In 2002 I asked the BB a question to which I received many useful responses,
showing the power of crowd-sourcing (although that term didn't exist yet at
the time I think) - http://www.ysbl.york.ac.uk/ccp4bb/2002/msg00887.html

Now I would like to pick the collective CCP4 Bulletin Brain again:

Does any of you know of any examples (available in the PDB) where the same
ligand is observed in two distinctly different conformations (with convincing
support in the density) in one and the same structure (i.e., same PDB entry)?
This could for example be two copies of a ligand bound to a dimer in different
poses. I'm interested only in distinct sites, not multiple conformations in
one site.

I will happily summarise the replies.

Best wishes,

--Gerard

                            Gerard J. Kleywegt

       http://xray.bmc.uu.se/gerard   mailto:[log in to unmask]
    The opinions in this message are fictional.  Any similarity
    to actual opinions, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
    Little known gastromathematical curiosity: let "z" be the
    radius and "a" the thickness of a pizza. Then the volume
             of that pizza is equal to pi*z*z*a !