Wellington College, one of the world’s leading co-educational day and boarding schools, are seeking to appoint a professional and experienced Archivist.

The College has a wonderful collection of artefacts and there has been much work done over the years to makes sure that we look after this historically important collection. We now wish to conduct a definitive review and audit of what we have and make recommendations on a number of issues including how we best look after them, how we might display them and how we partner with museums in order to show them off to their best.

The ideal candidate will be an experienced archivist used to dealing with large collections, has significant expertise of the Victorian period and ideally have a very good understanding of the military history of the Victorian era. The ideal candidate should be well connected with others working in the sector and have good links with all the relevant historical associations and museums.

In return we offer an attractive salary and benefits package which includes free lunch whilst at work and subsidised membership to the Wellington Health and Fitness Club.

Hours are to be discussed at interview but are anticipated to be between 25 – 35 per week, for 52 weeks of the year. This is a 12 month fixed term contract. The salary offered is between £22,000 and £26,000 per annum FTE.

Closing date for applications is 4th May 2016 at 5pm.

For more information, including application details, please visit the Vacancies page of our website: www.wellingtoncollege.org.uk or email [log in to unmask]. Please note that CVs without an accompanying College application form will not be accepted.

Please do not respond directly to this message as responses will not be monitored.

The post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.  Wellington College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.

Good Schools Guide