I'm looking for examples of where local government archives have made use of cloud-based storage of digitised records.

Specifically, I'm interested in whether the council previously had a policy preventing this (because of Data Protection restrictions on data leaving the EU) and made an exception.  Also, what processes are in place to prevent data Protection breaches?

Thanks in advance!