CROSSREACH

Archivist/Records Manager

Edinburgh, temporary 6 month contract

£29,339 - £31,975 pro rata

·         Stand-alone role within a large Scottish-based social care organisation

·         Develop our hard copy and digital record keeping policy

·         Consult directly with senior managers across this complex and diverse organisation

This role has cross-organisation impact, where you will liaise with a wide reference group made up of Business Partners, IT staff and Operational Heads of Service to ensure that we provide the best resource solutions now, and in the future.

We will look to you to evaluate our service user and corporate records for preservation and generally to prepare effective record-keeping systems to meet the needs of donors, both internally and externally.  A key task will be in advising users on accessing the archives, and facilitating remote access by maintaining user-friendly computer search systems.

To succeed, you must hold a postgraduate qualification recognised by the Archives and Records Association, and ideally have experience of the archiving requirements of a large social care organisation with diverse archiving requirements. We’re looking for an organised professional to provide expert advice now, and to support us in preparing for changing demands in the future so you’ll need to be methodical, IT literate, good with people, and have a forward-thinking approach.

We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including a generous pension and holiday allowance. What’s more, you will be part of one of Scotland’s largest voluntary social work organisations. At CrossReach, we offer quality care and counselling to a wide range of people in need. But the real story of CrossReach is the work that our staff do: reaching out and making a real difference to the lives of others. If you’d like to join them, we look forward to hearing from you.

As we do our work in Christ’s name, applicants must be in sympathy with and supportive of our Christian Ethos. For more information and to apply visit www.crossreach.org.uk or call 0131 657 2000. Closing date: 10 April 2016.

CrossReach is the operating name for The Church of Scotland Social Care Council.