Our Heritage Lottery Funded project York: Gateway to History has officially
come to a close but we’ve been on an incredible journey over the past 2
years. York now has a new home for it’s archives and a strong place in the
local community.

You can read all about our project highlights in the final blog post of our
Community Collections & Outreach Archivist –
https://citymakinghistory.wordpress.com/

One of the main legacies to this project is the development of community
archive guidance. We have created a series of 3 training films which are
available on YouTube and will be launched onto our website next month along
with a digital copy of an associated guidance booklet created during the
project. The films are also available with British Sign Language
Interpretation:

Cataloguing Your Collection - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ODO6I8yvhY

BSL version -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FwrjxvOd0I

Storing Your Archives - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myUAeF0icnw

BSL version - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhKNJ9jwV-w

Delving Into Digital - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrGXiFiua-A

BSL version – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Nvsw2aNK3o

If anyone would like more information about our project or the community
archive guidance we have created please get in touch with us at

*Victoria Hoyle*| City Archivist

t: 07764485247 | e: [log in to unmask]

*Explore York Libraries & Archives*

Library Square | Museum Street | York YO1 7DS

www.exploreyork.org.uk | citymakinghistory.wordpress.com/

facebook.com/ExploreYorkLibrariesandArchives
<http://www.facebook.com/ExploreYorkLibrariesandArchives>

@yorklibrariesuk <http://twitter.com/yorklibrariesuk> | @YorkArchivesUK
<http://twitter.com/yorkarchivesuk>