he has archived and shared over 9000 hours of Carnatic concert music. Second, he has constantly strived to find new ways of bringing Carnatic music to bigger and newer audiences by sharing the techniques of recognising and appreciating ragas and compositions. Third, using the Ramu Foundation, the endowment he has set up, he is seeking to improve and renovate school auditoriums around Chennai so that they can be used as venues for Carnatic music concerts after school hours. Chari’s achievement in archiving recorded concert music is nothing short of Herculean. With over 1000 hours of music that he recorded on his own, he began looking for a place to archive it so that it can be enjoyed for posterity.

http://bit.ly/1Vlgzn4
http://bit.ly/1Vlgzn4+

--
Peterk