From: Archivists, conservators and records managers. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Veronica Whymant
Sent: 14 April 2016 13:46
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Accessioning Oral History Recordings

Hello,

I manage the oral archive in my local museum and it has been static for a number of years. I have now started my own project and am interviewing people thus new material will be being accessioned into the archive. The present system that we use for numbering is the domain name-the year-the category-the item number e.g. SAAPT-2016OA-01 and, if there are two interviews for the same person, SAAPT-2016OA-01a and SAAPT-2016OA-01b.

May I ask how other people accession their recordings and if they use additional prefixes to denote separate categories of recordings?

Many thanks for your help,

Veronica Whymant

Broken streetlight? Dog fouling? Dumped rubbish? You report it, we'll sort it!
Download our free app on your appstore.  For more information visit www.portsmouth.gov.uk and search 'My Portsmouth app'.

This email is for the intended recipient(s) only.

If you have received this email due to an error in addressing,
transmission or for any other reason, please reply to it and let the
author know.  If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy or print it.

This email may be monitored, read, recorded and/or kept by Portsmouth
City Council.  Email monitoring and blocking software may be used.