Upcoming RSS Training Course: Concepts and Methods in Causal Mediation Analysis

Register<file:///\\file\rss%20data\PDC\2016\Marketing\Registration%20forms\Causal%20Mediation%20Analysis%20%20June%202016.doc> before 03 May and receive the early bird discount!

Presented by: Bianca De Stavola and Rhian Daniel
Date: Friday 03 June 2016 (one day course)
Level: Professional
Location: Royal Statistical Society, 12 Errol Street, London EC1Y 8LX

The aim of many research areas may involve the study of how the effect of a particular exposure on the outcome of interest is mediated by intermediate factors. Although the study of mediation is well established in the social and behavioural sciences, and often loosely attempted in epidemiology, developments in modern causal inference have highlighted the limitations of these 'classical' approaches and led to new definitions based on counterfactuals and novel estimation methods that deal with specific challenges such as intermediate confounding.
In this workshop we will present and compare these two frameworks and stress the greater rigour and generality permitted by the potential outcomes framework.

Topics covered:

Ø  Counterfactuals

Ø  DAGs

Ø  Traditional and Causal Mediation Analysis

Target Audience:

Ø  Epidemiologists

Ø  Medical statisticians

Ø  Social scientists

Ø  Anyone interested in gaining awareness of issues arising in mediation analysis

For more information on any of our upcoming 2016 courses or to register for this course please download the booking form from our website<http://www.rss.org.uk/RSS/Training/Public_courses/RSS/pro_dev/RSS_training_courses_sub/Our_courses.aspx?hkey=80752d6b-205c-4865-8068-ab827079ced2>

Please don't hesitate to contact me on training<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if you have any questions.

Best wishes
Tessa

Tessa Pearson
Events and Training Administrator

The Royal Statistical Society
12 Errol Street, London EC1Y 8LX
Direct dial: (44) 020 7614 3947
Switchboard: (44) 020 7638 8998

www.rss.org.uk<http://www.rss.org.uk/>

The RSS is a registered charity No. 306096.

RSS (Services) Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Royal Statistical Society.
Company Reg. No. 3982652

SIGNOFF allstat