Additional details for interested  applicants:

The link to the University of Leeds website for this vacancy is: https://jobs.leeds.ac.uk/VM/Applications.aspx?jobId=4863

External Closing Date : 02 May 2016

Please find below details of an exciting job opportunity at the University of Leeds, UK.

If you wish to discuss the post , please contact me – details at the end of this message

Medical Statistician

Location:

Leeds - Main Campus

Faculty/Service:

Faculty of Medicine & Health

School/Institute:

Leeds Institute of Clinical Trials Research (LICTR)

Category:

Research

Grade:

Grade 6

Salary:

£25,769 to £30,738 p.a. depending on qualifications and experience

Contract Type:

Fixed Term (Open Ended Fixed Funding for 3 years)

Reference:

MHCTR1049

(Full / part time – minimum of 50% of full time basis)

The Clinical Trials Research Unit (CTRU) at the University of Leeds is a leader in the field of clinical trials and was one of the first 26 clinical trials units across the UK to be awarded full registration status by the UK Clinical Research Collaboration.  The Unit conducts national and international randomised clinical trials in a variety of clinical fields (stroke and cardiovascular disease, mental health, obesity, care of the elderly, skin, oral health, musculoskeletal disease and cancer).  The CTRU has a strong methodological portfolio associated with clinical trial research. Our aim is to support the challenge of changing clinical practice for the better and our past results and current work has already helped to do this – medhealth.leeds.ac.uk/LICTR

An exciting opportunity has arisen for talented and enthusiastic individuals, keen to join a vibrant, well-established group of statisticians supporting the Unit’s work on clinical trials of complex healthcare interventions.  Working in a multidisciplinary team including statisticians, programmers, clinicians, health economists, health service researchers and trial managers, you will be involved in a wide range of statistical activities, including preparing grant applications, design, conduct and analysis of clinical trials, general consulting to and training of health professionals.  You will work on internationally renowned trials designed to answer questions of real importance to clinicians and patients, ultimately improving disease outcomes and patient care.   We are keen to recruit statisticians with an interest in complex intervention evaluations, including cluster randomised trials or with experience of using large routine data sets.

If you want to make a difference and be part of a successful, highly talented, multi-disciplinary team, then we want you.  All statistical roles offer excellent opportunities for career development within a well-established statistical team and a chance to further broaden your expertise through methodological research.  Opportunities also exist for PhD registration.  With a postgraduate qualification with a major statistical component, you will have excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills and be able to work well within a multidisciplinary team.  We welcome applications from individuals still to complete their studies.

This post is available on an open ended basis with fixed funding which is confirmed for 3 years in the first instance.

The University of Leeds is committed to providing equal opportunities for all and offers a range of family friendly policies (http://hr.leeds.ac.uk/homepage/4/policies). The University is a charter member of Athena SWAN and holds the Bronze award. The School of Medicine gained the Bronze award in 2013.  We are committed to being an inclusive medical school that values all staff, and we are happy to consider job share applications and requests for flexible working arrangements from our employees.

Informal enquiries regarding the post should be directed to Amanda Farrin +44 (0)113 343 1477, email [log in to unmask]

If you have any specific enquiries about your online application please contact [log in to unmask] +44 (0)113 343 1477

Amanda Farrin

Professor of Clinical Trials & Evaluation of Complex Interventions

Director of Complex Interventions Division

Clinical Trials Research Unit
Leeds Institute of Clinical Trials Research

University of Leeds

Leeds

LS2 9JT.

Tel: 0113 343 8017
Fax: 0113 343 1471
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web site: http://ctru.leeds.ac.uk

Confidential information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message, you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone.  In such cases, you should destroy this messageand notify us immediately

SIGNOFF allstat

SIGNOFF allstat