We are opening a PhD position in mathematical statistics with focus on stochastic modelling and statistical analysis of spatio-temporal data. The successful candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary research project with application area in biomedical engineering, where the main task is to develop new statistical and computational methodology for intelligent data sampling and uncertainty analysis of MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) and PET (positron emission tomography) measurements for cancer therapy assessment.

Applications are invited for a fully funded PhD position at the Department of Mathematics and Mathematical Statistics at UmeƄ University, Sweden. The general aim of a graduate student position is to provide its holder with a possibility to earn a PhD degree. The position is for 48 months of research. As a PhD student you will perform research and take courses on graduate level.

The detailed announcement can be found at http://www.umu.se/english/about-umu/open-positions.

Application will be submitted online at the website above, and the deadline is 16 May, 2016.

We look forward to receiving your application!

SIGNOFF allstat