From: Emma.Thomas [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 01 April 2016 13:14
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Key Information Sets

Hello Helen and colleagues

Here at the OU we use our in-house SAS system (a bolt-on to the elderly student records system) to produce KIS, together with Excel input files to hold information not held centrally (e.g. accreditation). We wrote a bespoke SAS program which extracts and creates the KIS record. There are some things we'd like to tweak, but I agree with you that not worth making major changes at this stage.

Similar to City, the KIS return is produced by a team responsible for most other statutory returns (except Finance and Estates).

Emma

Emma Thomas
Information Analyst
Strategy & Information Office