Hi all,

Please be aware that the CUG takes a very dim view of their spreadsheet being shared amongst the planning community. When we sent round a copy a couple of years ago in response to a request for a spreadsheet we received the following;

The data, although from public sources, is purchased by us to create the various tables and is our copyright. Our terms and conditions, reproduced below, clearly state that users may print off one copy, or download extracts for personal use as private individuals.

Any other such activity such as downloading entire tables and/or distributing copies to others is clearly a breach of the terms and conditions. We are prepared to overlook this breach on this occasion but would ask that you donate the sum of £50 to our chosen charity.

We value our close relations with the university community and do not unreasonably withhold permission to use our data. In future we would ask that you approach TheCompleteUniversityGuide.co.uk for permission if you require the data for a specific purpose. We will be pleased to consider your request and may well grant permission – usually in exchange for a donation to a charity of our choice – if your request meets our criteria.

Terms and Conditions

We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the information and material appearing on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.

Materials from the site must not be reproduced in any medium without licence. You are permitted to print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use as private individuals only. You must not republish in any medium, print, electronic or otherwise, or modify, any part of the data or any materials printed or downloaded by you in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.

We (or the identified contributors) must always be acknowledged as the authors of material on our site.

You must not use the materials on our site (or any parts thereof) for any commercial purposes without the prior written permission of The Complete University Guide Ltd or our licensors.

If you print off, copy or download any part of our site in breach of these terms, your right to use our site will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.

So we haven’t done that since! The file was sent to this mailing list so I can only assume that the CUG are somehow members or it was sent on by someone.

Thanks

John

John Lumley

Head of Planning

University of Chichester

This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the addressee only and may be confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, please advise  the sender as soon as practicable and delete the e-mail from your system.