The list is for home use only meters – however we have just had an instance where we were asked to support our community nurses with 130 meters,  with a month’s notice, that do meet these standards as their supplier was on the “banned” list and could no longer supply strips. Our Diabetes team and Community nurses issue meters to patients for them to use at home – so we all need to be aware that this could have implications for us as well. Luckily Roche helped us out with this.

Jackie Whitehurst

POCT Manager

Pathology

The Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust