Thanks to everyone who replied.  I am fully aware of the official collections at the Science Museum, which includes the original collection at the Wellcome. Perhaps I should have made that clear in the first instance.  I now have a lead for the IBMS but have heard nothing about Birmingham.

Mike.

Sent from my iPad