From: Aesthetics, Creativity, and Organisations Research Network <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Marja Soila-Wadman <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 22 April 2016 10:27
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Taking it back to Harsh critics of embodied leadership?

Hi all,

Thank you all for an inspiring discussion.

Not at least as I get some extra fuel when I’m just now struggling with my interpretations and writings of a one year long artistic intervention project which I followed, about 30 workshops once a week.  A trade union wanted to become more creative in their daily routines and increase their membership numbers. The artist told about an ambition to develop an exploring attitude and open working practices in the participating group. Thereby the idea of ‘art is about practice’, ‘making’ which would be followed by seeing more and  acting differently, would be there. However, the great clash concerning the different mindsets, interpretations of the goals of the project, etc. in one phase of the project almost got it stuck. Frustrations in the participating group, and the artist felt she was kidnapped by the organizational requirements.

The story continues …

Best,

Marja

Marja Soila-Wadman, PhD, Assistant Professor

School of Business, Economics and Law at University of Gothenburg

Box 610, SE 405 30 Gothenburg, Sweden

Visiting adress Vasagatan 1

+46 31 7861 555, +46 727 17 88 23 (mobile)

e-mail: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

www.handels.gu.se<http://www.handels.gu.se>; www.bdl.gu.se<http://www.bdl.gu.se>