De : Analysis of animal remains from archaeological sites [mailto:[log in to unmask]] De la part de Edouard Masson-MacLean
Envoyé : 14 March 2016 15:57
À : [log in to unmask]
Objet : [ZOOARCH] wild dabbling vs diving/sea ducks

Dear zooarchers,

Are there any osteological studies that have discussed morphological differences between wild ducks, especially dabbling vs sea-ducks/diving ducks. I have Ericson’s book on the eider but I was wondering if there were any other studies worth looking at. Also does anyone confidently identify dabbling vs sea-duck/diving or Mallard vs Eider, and if so on which elements? I attempted but saw too much variation to be confident enough but I may have missed the obvious for someone highly experienced with ducks.

Many thanks for your help

Edouard

Edouard Masson-MacLean
PhD Candidate