Dear All,

I am forwarding this in case it has not reached everyone who may be interested. Apologies if I am duplicating something that you have already have received.

Jeremy

Begin forwarded message:

From: gerardo ganis <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: CernVM Users Workshop 6-8 June 2016 at RAL, UK
Date: 7 March 2016 17:03:25 GMT
To: "cernvm-talk (Open list to discuss about user experience and other stuff)" <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, "project-lcg-af (LCG Architects Forum)" <[log in to unmask]>, "ph-dep-sft (ph-dep-sft)" <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, Predrag Buncic <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, David Lange <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>

 Dear All,

 This is to bring your attention on the next open CernVM Users Workshop which will take place on 6-8 June 2016 in the United
 Kingdom, hosted by Rutherford Appleton Laboratory in Oxfordshire with help from the STFC Scientific Computing Department
 and GridPP UK project.

 Following the successful edition held at CERN in March 2015, the workshop aims to bring together users and developers to
 discuss the current status of the CernVM ecosystem and the future directions. Particular focus will be given to the integration
 with the containers world and how this can improve the experience with the cloud paradigm shift now occurring in HEP computing
 centers.

 As in the previous edition, the workshop will feature a technology session to give the opportunity to take a fresh look onto the
 landscape of technology and the evolution in virtualisation and cloud computing. As a novelty, the third day of the workshop will
 be entirely dedicated to ‘hands-on’ sessions.
 Whilst the agenda is yet to be finalised, there will be opportunities for demos and tutorials, and for users to come forward with
 presentations and/or topics for discussion.

 A video-conference service will be also provided to help remote attendance.

 The web page of the workshop is available at https://indico.cern.ch/event/469775 .

 The registration is now open!
 To help the logistics, we would really appreciate if those intending to attend could register and submit their abstracts before 15 April 2016.

 We would also appreciate if you could spread around this announcement to the potentially interested people.

 For questions or comments, please contact us at [log in to unmask].

 The organisers

    Jakob Blomer
    Catalin Condurache
    Gerri Ganis