Good afternoon!  The purpose of this email is to recruit participants for a sport for development and peace study.  This survey will provide a better understanding of the sport for development and peace field around the world, with the intention of using the results to increase knowledge about the strengths and areas for improvement in the field.

We recognize that there are a variety of terms used to describe this field (sport for development, sport for development and peace, sport-based youth development, sport humanitarianism, sport plus, plus sport), but for the purposes of this study, we will be using sport for development and peace (abbreviated as SDP).

The criteria for participating in this study are being active in the field of sport for development and peace (practitioner, intern, researcher, volunteer, policymaker, etc.) and being at least 18 years or older.  We estimate this will take 15-20 minutes to complete.  If you or someone you know meets these criteria and are willing to participate in this study, please follow this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SurveySDP

This study was reviewed by the Adelphi University Institutional Review Board (IRB) and classified as exempt. Should you have any questions, you may contact Dr. David Prottas, Chair, at (516) 877-3815 or [log in to unmask].

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Meredith Whitley, Eli Wolff, Sarah Hillyer, & Kelly Farrell

- - -

Meredith A. Whitley, PhD
Assistant Professor
Adelphi University
Department of Exercise Science, Health Studies, Physical Education, & Sport Management
Woodruff Hall, Room 172
Garden City, NY 11530
516-237-8671