Well,

>However, a corollary would be to check if they are significantly different in the areas they shouldn't be, then that supports the hypothesis that they are comparable and can be used to measure similar things, correct?

I think you misworded this sentence, if I got your intentions correctly. If two different images on average do *not* have significant differences, than they can be said to be able to measure the same things. If they are significant than they're different.

>But I wanted to check if they are significantly different in same patient in areas such as frontal, parietal and temporal and it turns out they are not. Btw, I am using SUVr images for each Group.

Ok, I've never got the occasion to analyze a dynamic amyloid scan. Indeed there's a chance that such an image would be similar to an FDG static uptake image.

However, it still seems suspicious to me that, with a sample size of 65, you don't see any significant difference.

Anyway, in this case, to take into account that each patient is used in the two scans, you need to perform a paired t-test, not a two samples one. however, be careful in interpreting the results. With paired t-test the statistical power increases wildly, therefore maybe blobs with t-values of 20 or 40 maybe relate to clinically insignificant differences.

Hope this helps!

Luca

However, a corollary would be to check if they are significantly different in the areas they shouldn't be, then that supports the hypothesis that they are comparable and can be used to measure similar things, correct?
I haven't clarified this, so it makes sense to mention it here, I am using perfusion imaging data from amyloid tracer imaging, so first 5 min images after injection of AV45, and when that is compared with FDG in frontal, parental and temporal the correlation is high.

But I wanted to check if they are significantly different in same patient in areas such as frontal, parietal and temporal and it turns out they are not. Btw, I am using SUVr images for each group.

Thanks.

Abhinay
Sent from iPhone.

Please excuse typos and brevity