Hi John,

Thank you very much- that's really helpful to know.

Kind regards,

Hiba

From: John Ashburner <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 16 March 2016 15:53
To: Kazmi, Hiba
Cc: [log in to unmask]; Asim Mubeen
Subject: Re: [SPM] Converting DICOM images (SPM12)

I tried converting the file, and it gave me this warning:
Running job #1
Running 'DICOM Import'
Can't find "Image Plane" information for "/localhome/john/crap/00000000".
Warning: 1 files could not be converted from DICOM.
> In spm_dicom_convert (line 58)
  In spm_run_dicom (line 38)
  In cfg_run_cm (line 29)
  In cfg_util>local_runcj (line 1688)
  In cfg_util (line 959)
  In cfg_ui>MenuFileRun_Callback (line 703)
  In gui_mainfcn (line 95)
  In cfg_ui (line 53)
Done    'DICOM Import'
Done

This means that the DICOM file does not contain the information described in page 417 of http://dicom.nema.org/medical/dicom/current/output/pdf/part03.pdf .  The reason for this may be that it is not the sort of data that it makes sense to run SPM on (because the data is more like a regular X-ray than an X-ray CT).

Best regards,
-John