Dear all,

I am hand-drawing region of interests using MRIcron.
My ROI is the superior colliculus. We are interested in
looking at its response to looming stimuli which is
greatest in the superficial layer of the SC. Given its small
size, I wish to use MRIcron with our radiology computers to
provide the best magnification and image resolution.

1. Is MRIcron the best software to use for hand-drawing ROI
in small brain structures such as the SC?
2. How do I achieve the best magnification with MRIcron?
3. Are the T1 anatomical images the best sequence to use
to draw ROI? We do not have proton density images.

Many thanks in advance,

Best wishes,

Eavan Mc Govern
Neurology Research Fellow, Dublin