Hi Cutter,

I would agree that in a model with 44 subjects and no significant
voxels, something must have gone wrong. For one, have you checked the
mask image? If there is not enough overlap or sever data corruption,
this is a good place to start. Also, for checking several images, I sent
a snippet to the list a day or so ago, which I have now expanded to
generate a histogram of all assessed images (attached). This may make it
easier for you to find the guilty ones.

Cheers
Marko

Cutter Augustus Lindbergh wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I continue to get the following error message when attempting to run
> Model Estimation in 2nd level analyses using a 2x2 flexible factorial
> design (SPM12b):
>
> /Failed 'Model estimation'
> /
> /Error using spm_est_non_sphericity
> /
> /Please check your data: There are no significant voxels /
>
> In searching the archives, I see that this issue has been raised before,
> and it's been recommended to check individual con files to look for
> suspicious data (e.g., using Check Reg). I've done this but haven't
> spotted anything unusual. (What also seems odd is that different
> combinations of the con files in my sample seem to work, which seems to
> suggest there's not just one bad subject causing the error).
>
> Any suggestions about how to proceed would be greatly appreciated. I'm
> at wit's end! In case it's helpful, I've attached screen shots of the
> error message and my design matrix.
>
> Thank you in advance for any help offered.
>
> Best,
> Cutter

Prof. Dr. med. Marko Wilke
  Facharzt für Kinder- und Jugendmedizin
  Leiter, Experimentelle Pädiatrische Neurobildgebung
  Universitäts-Kinderklinik
  Abt. III (Neuropädiatrie)

Marko Wilke, MD, PhD
  Pediatrician
  Head, Experimental Pediatric Neuroimaging
  University Children's Hospital
  Dept. III (Pediatric Neurology)

Hoppe-Seyler-Str. 1
  D - 72076 Tübingen, Germany