Sam,

There isn't a contrast that can be generated to capture #1 or #2, so there
isn't a map that could be brought to the group level.

Generally, conjunctions are computed at the group level.

An alternative, in your case, could be to count the number of subjects that
have the conjunction at the 1st-level.

Best,
Donald

Best Regards,