This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message.
---------------

Hello

We are investigating adding a water pump/ standpipe (non- working) to an area adjacent to our terraced cottages in the village area, at Black Country Living Museum.  We wondered if anyone had a spare in their collection that they would be willing to transfer to the museum for this purpose.

The plan is for it to be non-working but it will help us in our creation of a new learning journey focussing on the importance of water and will draw on the cholera epidemics in the Black Country in the 19th century.  It will be sited in the open air, as an exhibit that won't have a barrier around it but it will be cared for, as we care for all our outdoor exhibits/ street furniture.

The type we are looking for can be seen in these images (see links).

http://blackcountryhistory.org/collections/getrecord/GB145_p_1935/

http://blackcountryhistory.org/collections/getrecord/GB146_PHS_4883/

http://blackcountryhistory.org/collections/getrecord/GB146_PHS_4815/

If anyone can help, please do contact me either on SHCG or directly, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Many thanks,

Clare

Clare Weston
Curator - Domestic and Cultural Life
Black Country Living Museum
Tipton Road, Dudley DY1 4SQ
Tel: 0121 521 3520 (Please note that this is a new contact number)
www.bclm.com<http://www.bclm.com/>

Please note that my working days are Mondays, Tuesday and Wednesdays.  If your message is urgent please contact my job share partner at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[cid:image001.png@01D179E7.640CECF0]

[BCLM CURATORS]

The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST