Network Email

From: Colin Bryson
Sent: 15 March 2016 8:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: Call for contributions for RAISE16- DEADLINE APPROACHING

The Call for Contributions for RAISE16 is approaching next week. We chose rather a poor date – the 25th March which is of course a UK public holiday! So we will extend the deadline to midnight 30th March to give you a little more time and not clash with much needed rest leave! All contributions welcome- see below.

All best

Colin Bryson

On Behalf of RAISE Conferenvce Committee

Dear Colleagues
We invite you to submit contributions to the Researching, Advancing & Inspiring Student Engagement (RAISE) Conference for 2016. Please pass on to non-members of the list.
We particularly welcome submissions from students (students pay very low delegate fees and student presenters are eligible to apply for a bursary for support the costs).

RAISE 2016 – ‘Excellence’ in Student engagement

Dates: 8 – 9 September 2016

Location: Loughborough University

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 25 MARCH 2016

The conference aims to offer a forum and platform showcasing practice and research about, student engagement (SE). Staff in all roles, all students, and others interested in university and college higher education are welcome to contribute. We can accept a range of modes of submission (including remote participation and contribution – subject to practicality)

With the imposition of a Teaching Excellence Framework imminent in the UK we note with some dismay that SE is almost absent in the proposed criteria for excellence. This is despite widespread recognition in the sector of the critical importance of SE in student learning, good teaching and assessment design and practice, and the wider student experience and outcomes. Therefore our main theme in 2016 focuses on ways of evaluating SE, and evidencing the impact. The focus, scope and methods of evidencing initiatives to enhance SE form the sub-themes, but NB we always have a general stream, to ensure we can include exciting new ideas, practices or policies on SE which lie outside the main themes.

Full details on themes and how to submit: http://raise-network.ning.com/page/raise16

To contact us [log in to unmask]

Important dates

First call for contributions

Deadline for contributions submission

Announcement of acceptance to contributors

Conference registration opens with ‘early bird’ rates

Deadline for ‘early bird’ rates

Conference registration last day

8-9 September 2016

Conference

Visit RAISE at http://raise-network.ning.com/

To control which emails you receive on RAISE, click here