Hello list,

After attending the supporting DMPs workshop at IDCC a couple of weeks ago, I've been entertaining the idea of developing a set of evaluation rubrics for data management plans.
For those of you not at IDCC, Amanda Whitmire (Stamford) gave a demonstration of how these can be developed for a variety of purposes, with a quick hands-on exercise for illustration.

My interest in this project would be to develop rubrics for evaluating DMPs for the purpose of assessing a DMP against the funder's criteria and giving feedback to the researcher. A separate rubric would need to be developed for each funder template (though I anticipate that there might be quite a bit of commonality). Amanda stressed that these rubrics worked best if they were developed / evaluated by several people, so I was wondering whether any other UK-based (since I'm primarily interested in creating these for UK-based funders) RDM folk wanted to join me on this? We could then share our outputs and save each institution developing something similar in parallel.

Best wishes,
Mary

Dr Mary Donaldson
Service Coordinator,