Thanks. All clear.
Will do so. And if it works will get students to use too rather than just putting stuff in shared one note folders
Best
Michael

Sent from my iPhone

On 22 Mar 2016, at 01:29, Brevy Org <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Good questions Michael.

We initially built the summary input form with a bit more of the natural sciences in mind but not intending only those. I'd love to tweak it to be more inclusive of other fields as much as possible (though I'm trying to stray from adding entirely new input fields on it if I can). Actually, of the summaries currently present (there's only a scant few here in the beginning), they are often sociological, psychological, and so on. If an interested individual wants to chat with us about any such changes they feel might be useful though, just send us a line on an individual email.

As for why not on wikipedia, there's a good few reasons. First off, by doing it on the mediawiki software but on its separate platform, we can really tailor the user interface and specialize (if you try out adding a summary, the differences become quite apparent). Very importantly, it let's us jump straight to an easy-to-use interface which can greatly lower the barrier to entry for users who aren't experienced with wiki markup (no knowledge of this is required to write a good Brevy summary). This in turn allows us to standardize the summaries, add quality control elements, and possibly provide for future support of specific research authors (whatever that may be), amongst other things, all the while having the ability we need to add any relevant extensions we feel are required for this. Furthermore, wikipedia is more topic-focused and is built in such a way to treat research papers as a citation rather than an article. You also mention a "one stop shop," which ironically I feel we can capture the sentiment better on a specialized platform.

We'd love for you to try out a summary and let us know if you see any relevant tweaks that would be useful! Thanks for the interest!

- Josh @ Brevy