Hi all,

We’re putting together a piece for journalists on how to report effectively from journal articles and reports. I was wondering if any of you have any advice in this respect (that you wouldn’t mind me incorporating). For example, on how to enrich a piece beyond a press release or how to bring it to life through commentary from authors (and independent voices). I’m trying to compile the best advice possible from a range of people and thought this list would be a great place to ask. Any nuggets of advice for budding journalists would be much appreciated.

Best,

Juan

Juan Casasbuenas | Training Coordinator

SciDev.Net

95 Aldwych | London WC2B 4JF| UK
Direct | +44 (0) 20 7292 9927 | www.scidev.net

Email | [log in to unmask]

Skype l jc.scidev

SciDev.Net is the world's leading electronic source of free news, views and analysis about science and technology in the developing world.

Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/scidevnet

Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/SciDevNet

Sign up for our free email alert at www.scidev.net/sign-up

• set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com