Great point about adding value with an image/infographic.

Where an infographic can be appropriately sized, too, it adds huge value to its chances of being shared on social media, therefore providing a new way of reaching an audience that might not be actively looking out for what is posted in ‘traditional’ media (even website-only news outlets), and, from experience, a lot more clicks to the website and potential downloads of the paper if it’s available too.

A picture can say a thousand words, which is substantially more than a Tweet.

Thanks again,

Mike

Michael Jones

Research Communications Assistant

Advancement

Imperial College London

South Kensington Campus

Level 1 Faculty Building

London SW7 2AZ

t: +44 (0)20 7594 2947

e: [log in to unmask]

w: http://www.imperial.ac.uk

Tweet us and keep up to date with Imperial’s high-flying research at www.twitter.com/ImperialSpark

Get the latest Imperial News on your phone, tablet or computer: www3.imperial.ac.uk/news