From: psci-com: on public engagement with science [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rick Hall
Sent: 02 March 2016 10:54
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PSCI-COM] Science Learning+ | Phase 2 now open

thanks Matt

great to see the next phase of Science Learning+ open for proposals

May I use this call to offer Ignite!'s Community Curiosity Labs as a model for institutions who may be interested in applying to Science Learning+?

Ignite! is not big enough, nor based in an academic institution, to lead on a bid to this programme, but we would be interested in offering our experience of programmes like
Lab_13,
3-2-1-Ignition* Pop-up Shops,
our experience of playing Festivals,
and of course our Community Curiosity Labs as partnership initiatives.

Colleagues can find out about Lab_13 here
https://lab13network.wordpress.com/

and our other programmes here
http://www.ignitefutures.org.uk/

Our aims are to develop confidence in young people and their families in engaging with science and STEM; we draw on concepts like Citizen Science and Science Capital and find ways to realise them in informal settings where participants take a lead on the kinds of topics that they want to explore.

Please get in touch if you are interested in collaboration or partnership

thanks

Rick