Hi Robert (and James, nice solution!),
I posted on this a while ago - it is really old news - and posted
information about how to unlock the watch from the advertised Œemergency
function¹. So, the BBC really are recycling ancient information. Phil
Newton first posted on this in February last year:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=ind1502&L=plagiarism&F=&S=&P
=56

Here is my post-investigation post explaining how to unlock the watch
(it¹s really easy!):
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=ind1502&L=plagiarism&F=&S=&P
=3852

Tl;dr Total storm in a tea cup. Ban smart watches along with mobiles and
you are sorted!
--
Dr. Mike Reddy FRSA SFHEA
Future Technology and Games | Technoleg y Dyfodol a Gemau