This is one of the most persuasive arguments I have when staff are shocked
that students can access their own originality reports after receiving the
appropriate training. "....because if we don't give them access and
training with Turnitin, they will go elsewhere which carries a number of
risks."

On 16 March 2016 at 11:09, Mike Reddy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> My own concern, looking at the T&Cs is that anything uploaded will be fair
> game for reuse on essay bank sites; another common practice of so called
> "plagiarism assurance² services. We can (and should) make TurnitinUK free
> for our students in any event.
>
> Mike

*Stephen Gow*

*Academic Integrity Coordinator*

Academic Support Office
Harry Fairhurst Building, Room LFA/132
University of York
Heslington
YORK
YO10 5DD
01904 321135

Plagiarism Advice Academic Network - China and UK
<http://www.plagiarismadvice.org/academic-network#china>

Gow, S. (2014). A cultural bridge for academic integrity? Mainland Chinese
master’s graduates of UK institutions returning to China. *International
Journal for Educational Integrity*, *10*(1).
<http://www.ojs.unisa.edu.au/index.php/IJEI/article/view/935>